We provide canine rehabilitation to Santa Clarita dogs using exercises specifically designed to increase the range of motion by carefully and gradually stretching the muscles and tendons.Book An Appointment
Improving Mobility & Reducing Pain
The team at Valencia Veterinary Center works with injured dogs to help restore pain-free mobility through individualized exercise programs developed to meet your pet's specific needs.
Passive Range of Motion (PROM) and stretching activities are designed to help promote and maintain muscle, tendon, and ligament flexibility.
Therapeutic exercises improve the movement of synovial fluid, helping to reduce enzymes that break down cartilage, thus promoting healthier joints in cats and dogs.
We use a variety of therapeutic exercises at Valencia Veterinary Center to restore healthy movement including treadmill work, balance boards, physioball exercises, circling, cavalettis, changing incline/hills, stair climbing and surface variation.
Our veterinary rehabilitation professionals will work with your dog to increase their mobility and reduce the pain associated with joint inflammation and degeneration.
Goals & Benefits of Therapeutic Exercises:
- Improved range of motion and flexibility for your pet
- Restored muscle mass and increased strength
- Decreased joint pain associated with motion/movement
- Reduced lameness in limbs
- Protection against joint degeneration
- Prevention of future injuries
- Improved day-to-day function and use of limbs
- Enhances lymphatic and blood flow