Cold Laser Therapy
At Valencia Veterinary Center, our veterinarians offer cold laser therapy as a non-invasive treatment for dogs in Santa Clarita suffering from painful inflammatory conditions.Book An Appointment
What is Cold Laser Therapy?
Cold laser therapy uses a low-intensity laser or light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to help relieve your dog's pain, as well as stimulate and enhance cell function, and improve healing.
Several conditions have been shown to improve with the use of laser therapy including muscle and joint pain, arthritis related pain, and muscle spasms.
Uses for Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy helps to encourage cell regeneration and increase circulation, which can benefit the following conditions and procedures:
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Bone Fractures
- Post-Surgical Recovery
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Strains & Sprains
- Lick Granuloma
- Dental Procedures
Benefits of Canine Cold Laser Therapy
- Increases the speed of wound healing
- Accelerates mitochondrial cell metabolism
- Reduces inflammation and associated pain
- Enhances neovascularization
- Increases blood perfusion
- Reduces swelling
- Promotes bone healing